Bold is my home grown blogging software. Born in 2014 out of Wordpress-induced frustration, it contains absolutely no traces of PHP but is built with tools that are actually fun to hack with.
Bold’s major features are what Wordpress and, to varying degrees, other similar systems lack:
- Bold renders Markdown that is edited in Ace editor. This, together with Ace’s
vimode, makes for a quite pleasant writing experience.
- support for multiple sites and users
- auto-generated but overridable, nice URLs
- Twitter Card / OpenGraph / schema.org meta tags, editable meta title and description
- automatic scaling of images
- syntax highlighting for code sections
- keeps track of pageviews / site visits to give a basic overview of traffic
Bold also features a built-in commenting system with Akismet support to keep spammers in check. I’m mentioning that because lack of comments ruled out the otherwise quite nice Ghost blogging software.
The Bold Homepage | Bold on GitHub